Saturday, August 27, 2005

Show me your smarts

I promised it so here you go. I actually got the idea of these from Games magazine. In fact, the example puzzle was stolen from them though I had to recreate the cartoon. Simply put, these are cartoon rebuses. Elements from each of cartoons can be combined to form the desired answer, of which the category and number of letters are given above the cartoon itself. Be warned: not everything you see will be used and some of those things that will be used aren't always intuitive. For example, the answer to the first puzzle:



is Vanity Fair (Van-it-E Fare). If that wasn't clear enough, I'll break it down even further: Van (moving van)-it (the word "it")-E (the letter "E" on the van)-fare (the cost of the taxi). That's how it goes. I'll leave another one for you to mull over. If I get enough responses I'll post a few more. Some of you have already seen this stuff so please refrain from posting the answer. In fact, why don't you just send me an email with your guesses instead of posting a comment though you're welcome to submit a plea for help there. The first person to send me the correct answer (guessing won't cut it, I want the breakdown of the answer) will get a prize of my choosing. Fare enough?

Puzzle #1:


CLUES!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I don't think I like this game...couldn't you start with something easier?!?

Sun Aug 28, 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger The Rube said...

I get that a lot. Truth is, there are only so many movies that have ten letters in their name so that should narrow it down.

Sun Aug 28, 01:17:00 AM  
Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Aug 29, 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home