Tuesday, August 16, 2005

One more...

I forgot to mention in the previous post the one musician that you really need to see. Her name is the future Mrs. Rubin. Ha! Ok, it's actually Tristan Rubin. No? How about Tristan Prettyman? Yeah, that's it. I will admit, though, that this is the most in love I've been with someone I've never met before. Actually, that's not entirely true. I have met her before. It was a night I'll never forget...

I went to see G. Love & Special Sauce perform at a club called Numbers here in Houston. This incredibly attractive little lady with the sexiest voice I've ever heard starts playing her acoustic guitar and singing on stage. Damn. It was a struggle hearing her songs over the din of a crowd doing their best to ignore the unknown opening act. But I listened. Now, I am definitely not the sappiest person in the world and, well, I'm probably one of the last people to listen to overly obvious love songs but she just makes me do the craziest things. She has one of those smokey, deeper, sensual voices that makes you understand that what she sings is what she feels. And then she makes you feel it.


After the show I went to the back of the club to pick up one of her CDs and she just happened to be there chatting it up with her new fans. I couldn't pass up this opportunity and stuck around to tell her how much I loved her music. There's no doubt I sounded like a bumbling fool but cute girls with rockin' guitars do that to me :)

Now, for all I know, she may be a dime a dozen (though I wouldn't say so). I can't say I'm very knowledgeable of the folksy-acoustic scene. If it is true, I've got my dime and you can keep the other eleven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home