Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ode to a summer's day

A summer's walk I did take
in the park along the lake.
Gravelly trails and flora green,
were among the things I had seen

A squirrel's romp through the trees,
the moist air from the west wind's breeze.
The soil dark and the sky so bright,
made for a very calming sight.

All these things, so summer real,
hid the surprise that made me feel
a feeling that I could not foresee,
I had the crap scared out of me.

Golden spiders with legs of eight
hung from threads in the sun's bright light.
Webs as large as an open umbrella
bodies as hairy as a two ton gorilla.

Their many eyes staring me down
Their many bodies were all around.
My head, my body, my soul just shaking
I've never seen a spider quite so intimidating

These eigth-legged monsters gathered 'round,
my mouth agape made not a sound.
I had thoughts of Bilbo at my side
Because then I wouldn't have to run and hide.

But, alas, good friends, I did escape,
into the clearing with nary a scrape.
With collective voice did the spiders erupt,
they said, "you come back, we'll fuck you up!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home