Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Quintessential me

A little while back I put something down on my computer desk and told myself not to lose track of it because it was quite important. Ok, the 'something' was a collar-extender which resembles a button with a loop on it. It's used to increase the neck size of a dress shirt (what can I say, I have weird proportions...). I had this conversation with myself because where I put it down was not in it's usual spot so I thought I'd take extra special care not to forget where it was.

The next day I sat down by my computer and picked up this little object and absent mindedly just started playing with it in my hand. Just passing the time really, keeping my fingers entertained. I probably carried this thing around my entire apartment just playing with it. Of course, I got distracted by something and when I actually had to use this little object I had no idea what happened to it. Not a friggin' clue. One minute it had been in my hand, the next it was floating in the ether of "what the fuck?" land. That was four weeks ago. I still haven't found it.

If you happen to find a button with a loop on it floating around your house, it's probably mine. I'd like it back. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

According to Art Bell and the Coast to Coast Radio program, you, my friend, just experienced an alien encounter. Obviously they erased your memory and are now circling the Solar Plexus delighted that their dress shirts now fit courtesy of you and your collar extender.

That wasn't hard to explain. Maybe I should be a sci-fi writer.

Mon Feb 06, 07:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home