Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's about time I wrote something

This post is a long time coming and I really have a million things to write. Or ten. Truth is, it's probably somewhere between the two. But it's about time I come clean with everyone and explain why it's taken me so long to write: I had all my fingers surgically removed so I could save money by not having to buy gloves. Now all I need is a pair of old tube socks to keep my stubby hands warm. I know you're jealous of my ingenuity.

Ok, that's obviously not true. I told the doctor to keep pointer fingers. That way I could still type these blog entries. Lucky you.

What I really wanted to do is elaborate on my recent announcement that I'm being shipped to Germany. I'll keep it short because I know it's not interesting to anyone other than myself and the people I work with. Here's the part that you'd be interested in: I head off in August (exact date: to be determined) and stay for approximately three months in the city of Cologne. I know nothing about the city other than what's been passed my way from people who have been there. That's enough to get me excited. Even more importantly, I plan to travel as much as I can while I'm over there. Sure, I'll be busy with all the work I'll be given for my job but once the weekend hits it's time to party and see as much as I can. Job? What job? I'm going to get my party on in Europe.

And this is the part that you'll really like: Consider this an open invitation to come visit me in Cologne, Germany. That includes all you random people who don't actually know me but still read my blog. You're all welcome, especially the young, attractive females. Come on, come all, and we'll have a great time, especially during Oktoberfest :)

1 Comments:

Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Did you get your middle finger amputated too??? Oh, the humanity, you CAN'T drive in Houston without the middle finger accessory.

I was excited at the open invitation and already planning what to wear in Germany in August until I read the caveat. Now, I feel hurt. What about fat, mediocre looking, married women? We have feelings too, and now you carelessly trounced on them. I'm going to have myself a good cry now.

Mon Feb 06, 07:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home