Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tight lipped

The tongue is an amazing thing. For one, it's just a large, slimy exposed muscle stuck in our mouths. Possibly the least sexiest of all muscles it's arguably one of the most important. It helps us eat, talk, and a few other things that don't need to be mentioned though are guaranteed to make life more enjoyable. Sometimes it can be eloquent, other times bumbling, and sometimes when it's most needed it can be aggravatingly silent. Words need to be spoken in certain situations and when they are not, well, it can leave you kicking yourself. Hard. In the ass. Because you didn't say something you wanted to say. My fingers never seem to have that problem which makes me wonder where the disconnect is occurring.

I have never been good at talking about myself. I'm modest to a fault and I know my history, my story and I find it much more interesting to listen to other people tell me about themselves. Especially if they like talking about themselves (to a certain extent, at least). Despite the fact that I know the other person may be thinking the same thing I still have trouble opening myself up and sharing what is within me. It's something I'd like to change but in the interest of reality I'd be happy for the smallest advancement.

That's how it is. I wanted to write a little something and that's what came out. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home