Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's the little things...

...that piss me off. I don't want to start out the day on a negative note, but I will anyway. As you all know, I work at the Johnson Space Center. Yeah, woo-hoo, I know. This week, like many weeks before, I am pulling a shift in Mission Control. One of the perks of doing this is a reserved parking spot close to the building. We have these reserved parking spots to make it easy for us to, well, find a parking spot. If we're coming in for a shift it's useful if we don't have to waste our time searching for somewhere to put our car. Necessary? Probably not, but we'll take it as long as it's available. As such, this spot allows me the freedom to show up just minutes before my shift and not have to worry about parking a half mile from the building. Yes, it's the small comforts in life that keep me going.

You can imagine my angst, then, when I arrived this morning only to find another car in my spot. Let me repeat that: there was another car in my spot! This meant that I had to waste another five minutes looking for a spot further way and showed up slightly late to my shift. Really, not a big deal, but it's all about principle. The spot is clearly marked as reserved and anybody who's been here for any amount of time knows how sacred that is. If I was any more of a bastard I would've had the car towed or, at least, ticketed. I can do that, you know. Being the nice guy I am, though, I just left a semi-nasty note on their windshield. Let's see if they park there again. If they do they will have found another place to park their car: the impound yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I would have just skipped to the nasty-gram left by the JSC Rent-a-Cops.

You park in my spot, you get a ticket.

Thu Jun 22, 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should get some bumper stickers here... www.iparklikeanidiot.com

Sun Jun 25, 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Rube said...

I should include a follow up. Turns out that the car belonged to a Surgeon that I work with. I didn't recognize it because had just bought the thing, replacing his brown P.O.S. He still shouldn't have parked there but I feel better knowing it was someone I know :)

Sun Jun 25, 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home