Monday, May 29, 2006

My computer is psychic

I wrote an entry just now. Not a very good entry, but an entry. I wouldn't even say it was honest since it obviously was skirting many issues that I'm dealing with right now without having the courage to come out and just expose them. Not that I'm comfortable doing that here in the public domain It might be cathartic. I don't know.

But I wrote the entry and realized that it was neither useful to myself nor entertaining to anyone else. Who wants to read something vague and uninteresting? Not myself. I decided to erase it. Apparantly so did my computer because before I even got a chance to hit the delete key the text disappeared from the screen.

It's good to know that there's at least one thing out there that I can connect with.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Alright, don't lay into me for not writing, when your writing is so darn vague! =)

Which reminds me...I was supposed to hear more about this mysterious little scenario. Oh well...guess the spiders were a little more important to pay attention to yesterday.

Mon May 29, 06:33:00 PM  
Blogger The Rube said...

Like I said, I'm going through my "blue" period, in more ways than one. Ask and ye shall be told.

Mon May 29, 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Barleyvine said...

I think that Rube just likes the intrigue his cryptic posts leave his readers with.

Tue May 30, 07:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow we know what he is talking about, yet we still want details.

Tue May 30, 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger The Rube said...

I don't think it takes much to read between the lines here. The story will come out eventually, but not through the blog. You'll have to know me to get any deeper than intrigue and cryptic posts.

Tue May 30, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

At least include the story in a "Pseudo Stranger" newsletter, because now my curiosity is piqued.

By the way, a bit apropos that the hue of blue you selected for your new screen look, is heavily gray. Put on that festive yellow shirt again and pose for some pictures. That cheered me up as you looked like a little ray of sunshine.

Wed May 31, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger W&MGrad said...

Ah yes...it's always bad when computers are smarter than you. It's even worse when they know what's best for you. Sigh!

Thu Jun 01, 04:42:00 PM  
Blogger elasticwaistbandlady said...

Don't stifle those swelling emotions anymore. Liberate yourself Rube and reveal it to the World. I think I already know what it is, and I want to assure you that nobody will think any less of you. In fact, millions of people share the same dirty little secret, including me. I can't stand to carry this oppressive burden anymore so I'll come clean as to give you the courage to admit your true nature also.

When I think that nobody's looking, I pick my nose. Don't be frightened of the truth Rube, just let it out. I feel so much better now.

Sun Jun 04, 05:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home