Sunday, May 22, 2005

Please don't touch me

Well, you can if you really want to, but I think my sunburn will greatly disagree with your decision. I spent the weekend down in Corpus Christi (that's Latin for "the body of Christi"...Christi must have been the founder's girlfriend...) watching a few friends run a marathon. Actually, they weren't all running a marathon. Or, rather, none of them were. It was one of them funky relay marathons were 6 people all run between 4 and 5 miles of the total 26. I was there to help people get to their starting lines and then back to the hotel. Mission accomplished. They all seemed very proud of themselves which kind of made me wish I had absolutely any desire to do it myself. I don't and probably never will. Running aint my bag.

I learned an interesting thing about myself this weekend: I really don't like going to bars anymore and I'm really not very great around people that I don't know. Make that two things. What I mean by that is my level of comfort plunges when I'm placed in a social situation with people I've just met. If they just happen to be attractive females then I'm even worse off. Why this is I don't know. Would I like to change it? Indubiously. I just don't know how. I have the feeling that the older I get the more introverted I'm becoming. Which is in direct conflict with my desire to date, which I haven't been doing in far too long of a time. Part of it is contentness with doing my own little thing which I seem to be enjoying. The other part is this indescribable feeling that I have nothing in common with most people. I've always felt myself to be somewhat of an outsider (self-imposed) but I have no justification for this. I'm probably as mainstream as they come. I just have trouble connecting with people that I've just met. Will this ever change? I really don't know but it's definitely something to work on.

Welcome inside my head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew V. said...

Rubinator,

Don't sweat being introverted.... sometimes the best of us are. You need to find someone (a wingman) to venture out with you so you have someone else to approach others with. It's a lot easier to talk to other people (girls included) if you have someone to bounce stuff off of.

Either that or move back to the East Coast and Sincock, Evan and I gladly will join you on the scene.

Hope you're coming back east sometime!

Tue May 24, 12:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home